Essay Writing Guide
Get Essay Help With Our Essay Writing Guide
Students and journalists beginners face always the challenge of how to write the essays. It's not always clear what topic to choose for this kind of text or how to structure and present it. Types of essays should be properly classified and their purpose is clearly described.
Essays reflect the individual feelings of the author, his or her view on a particular issue. It doesn't provide an exhaustive answer to a specific question but it reflects one's own opinion or impression. When writing the essay, one develops logic, the ability to argue the opinion, competently present information. The style of presentation is more focused on conversational.
The Most Widespread Essay Types
You should adhere to the typology of the essay when writing it. There can be distinguished four main essay types which are the most frequently used.
- Research type of essay implies that the author should deeply explore the subject, analyze it and give his or her personal perspective on the matter.
- Persuasive essay is meant to persuade the readership to accept the author's view on the presented topic. The writer's point of view must be based on solid arguments.
- An expository type of essay is similar to a persuasive one. The difference is that it's completely based on facts and not on author's opinion.
- A narrative type implies some events that have had a specific sequence. At the center of the essay must be a conflict that determines the content or action. Students often get the task to write this essay type. Students can find essay writing tips on the Internet or use the services of qualified essay writing service.
There are a lot of other essay types but these ones are the most common.
The main features of the essay:
The essay is characterized by a small size, a high level of creative approach, the emphasis on the expression of the author's individual attitude to the topic of the essay, his or her thoughts and considerations on a specific problem or issue. From the point of view of the content and specificity of the presentation, the essay can be compared with a small scientific article.
- A specific topic that contains the problem and encourages the reader to think.
- Subjective author's position. The essay implies the author's view of the existing problem, his or her attitude to the world, speech and thinking.
- Conversational writing style. Avoid complicated language and too long sentences. It's important to follow a casual style to establish contact with the reader. It's important not to overdo it, turning the essay into a low-quality text, full of slang. The correct emotional color of the text will be given with the help of short, simple and clear sentences, the use of different intonations in the sentences.
- Detailed analysis of the problem. Your own point of view must be argued on the basis of factual material.
- The relative brevity of presentation. There are no restrictions on the number of pages but the essay must be small in size.
- Free composition. The essay can't be within the framework. The essay's composition follows its own logic, which the author adheres to, trying to consider the problem from different angles.
- Logic of presentation. Despite the free composition, the essay should have internal unity, consistency of the author's statements expressing his or her opinion.
Thus, the essay has a special style of narration, its purpose is to encourage the reader to reflect. The author does not insist on his or her point of view but invites the reader to think it about and discuss it.
How to write my essay?
''How to write my essay? Where should I start from?" - you may ask yourself before starting the writing process. Start from the topic definition.
- How to choose the topic for essay types. If there is no list of topics, the topic should be chosen so that it was possible to show the author's originality, the ability to form the sentences logically, literacy, professional skills, etc. If there is a list of topics, you should choose the topic you know the best or which you are interested in.
- How to start writing the essay. It often happens that a person who has a sufficient eloquence and the ability to express his or her thoughts on paper, has difficulties when he or she starts writing. Thinking about how to start writing the essay can last for a long time. Use our tips on how to start writing an essay.
- Before you start writing an essay you need to formulate an idea, determine the purpose and find sources of information.
- Use the freer writing technique. It means that you should write down all the thoughts that come to mind, without editing them and without following the principles of grammar, punctuation, style, etc. It's a great way to cope with the creative crisis and find an extraordinary idea.
- It is important not to get hung up on the introductory part. The introduction can be written after the main part is written. In this case, it's already clear what the essay is about, that's why the introduction will be easier to write.
- One of the most common options is to start writing your essay, using a question, the answer to which will be given later.
- How to draw up a plan of an essay. You should not try to draw up the perfect plan at once. In the process, it can be modified. It's not necessary to draw up a plan when writing an essay, as well as to adhere to the already written plan. The absence of restrictions and rigid frames is an advantage of this genre. If it's easier for the writer to stick to a strict plan, then you should spend some time to draw it up.
All main ideas must be reflected in the paragraphs of the plan. Then, you should add as much details as possible, splitting each plan's paragraph into sub-paragraphs.
Then you should reread the plan, make sure that each paragraph is in its place and sufficiently detailed.
- What is the structure of the essay. The essay is divided into three parts.
- Like any written work, the essay contains an introductory part or introduction. A well-written introduction makes the reader interested in the topic of the essay and makes the reader to read it to the end. The introductory part may contain the wording of the problem and its essence, rhetorical question, quote, etc. It's important to create a special emotional mood and bring the reader to the problem under consideration.
- Main body. In the main body, it's possible to give different points of view on the considered problem.
Usually, the main body consists of several sub-paragraphs, each of which consists of three sections: thesis (proven judgment), rationale (arguments used to prove the thesis), sub-conclusion (partial answer to the main question).
Arguments are judgments made to convince the reader of the truth of a certain point of view. They can be different situations from life, opinions of scientists, proofs, etc.
The argumentation can be made in the following sequence:
4) Final judgment.
- In conclusion, all the conclusions made on each thesis presented in the main body are being combined. The reader should come to a logical conclusion based on the above arguments. In conclusion, the problem is repeated and the final conclusion is made.
If the purpose of the introductory part is to interest the reader, the purpose of the last sentences is to add consistency to the overall picture, to leave the problem discussed in the essay in the reader's memory and stimulate the readers' reflection.
Essay Help. Writing Recommendations
All rules of the essay writing are advisory in nature. Use our professional essay help writing and pen a sketch that will not remain the readership indifferent.
- Allocate time properly - do not delay essay writing to the last moment.
- Follow the essay sequence: determine the main assertion, write the arguments to it, then formulate the final assertions and confirm them with the proofs, the readers must know how you came to such conclusions, and then formulate conclusions.
- When writing an essay, alternate short phrases with the long ones. In this case, the text will be dynamic enough to be easy to read.
- Don't use big and unintelligible words, especially if the meaning of the word is unfamiliar.
- Use as few common phrases as possible. The essay should be unique, individualized, reflecting the personality of the author.
- Humor should be used very carefully. Sarcasm can irritate the reader.
- Do not overdo with the quotes - the basis of the essay is your thoughts.
- Personal experience, memories and impressions are a great way to confirm your point of view and convince the reader.
- It's necessary to stick to the theme and the main idea, without deviating from it and without describing unnecessary details.
- After finishing the essay, you should reread it, making sure that the logic of presentation is maintained throughout the narrative.
- The use of facts in the essay, the research's outcomes - a great option to give credibility.
- Don't forget to check your essay for grammar errors. Check your work several times, change and rewrite it if necessary.
The most common mistakes when writing essays are:
Knowing the most common mistakes will help to avoid them when writing your own essay.
- Fear of being misunderstood or not making the right impression contributes to the fact that the author removes from the essay all unnecessary sentences as he or she thinks. Due to this essay can lose its individuality and uniqueness.
- Insufficient elaboration of details. A common mistake is a statement that is not supported by a sufficient number of arguments in the form of examples and proofs.
- Lack of understanding of the problem's essence stated in the essay or incorrect interpretation of the topic.
- The enumeration of other people's opinions, without indicating their authorship and the lack of your own point of view.
The following things will also be unhelpful when writing your essay:
- Ask in social networks "How to write an essay? "and then wait for unintelligible answers for hours.
- Download the abstracts from the web and compile an essay from them. There will be no thesis, no arguments in your essay.
- Spend your time looking at the birthday photos of your friend instead of writing an essay.
- Drink a lot of coffee - it slows down the brain work. It's better to drink a cup of strong black tea.
- Going to the nightclub - after this, you won't have any desire to write an essay.
- Talk to your friend about her new boyfriend/makeup/handbag/tattoo/ and so on... instead of writing an essay.
Get professional Essay Help
The great thing about essay is the absence of rigid restrictions. Complete freedom of creativity, the opportunity to express your point of view and share your thoughts, non-standard solution of the problem - these are the features inherent in the essay, making this genre attractive to a creative person, generating original ideas. The correct essay writing is to understand the characteristics of the genre. Compliance with the basic principles and guidelines of writing will help you to create an interesting essay.
Students are often very busy and they don't always have time to write the essays. To avoid the risk of getting a bad grade, students can use the services of Write My Essay, the best essay writing service which can be found on the Web. The qualified Write My Essay staff will provide you with the professional writing essay help, which will save both your energy and time. Using this essay writing service, you will get an interesting, well-written and high-quality work. The price is quite affordable and will depend on essay's length, level of complexity, and the deadline.